Friday, March 20, 2015

Swinging Through Switzerland

Okay. This post is going to have random pictures I took through out our vacation in Switzerland. Some of them I can't remember where I took them because I am a horrible procrastinator when it comes to blogging. Yeah, this trip happened nine months ago. At least I haven't passed the year mark. Yet.


Swiss chalet

Like this place. I don't really remember where it was. Some days we really drove around. So just accept this photo for what it is, a pretty little chalet in Switzerland somewhere.


Switzerland

And this place? I am totally drawing a blank. But isn't it cool?



Now this place I remember! This is a view of the Jungfrau mountain from the village of Lauterbrunnen. The Jungfrau is one of the most recognizable mountains in the Alps. This section of the mountains happens to be in the Bernese Alps. 



This is where it is at.


Staubbach Falls, Switzerland

This is one of the great sites of Lauterbrunnen. Staubbach Falls. 


Staubbach Falls, Switzerland

You can hike up and stand behind the falls, and of course get all wet and misted with the water. But what a great view of the Jungfrau and the surrounding hills.


Lauterbrunnen Switzerland

Here is view of the peaks across the valley from Staubbach Falls. You can just barely make out the drips of water in the photo from the waterfall. Time standing still...


Swiss Chalet, Lauterbrunnen Switzerland

Look at this place. Doesn't it look almost like a fairy tale building? Swiss chalets are my favorite.


Lauterbrunnen Switzerland

This is the gorgeous valley of Lauterbrunnen. The Jungfrau was feeling a little shy this day and was hiding behind clouds. 


Jungfrau Lauterbrunnen Switzerland

Every now and then the clouds would lift a little and she would peek out at me. Jungfrau, Jungfrau, won't you come out and play? 


Lauterbrunnen Switzerland

Behind that great mountain is a large glacier and in the summer part of that glacier melts. This slate-colored water is filled with glacial runoff. And it was cold!


Lauterbrunnen Switzerland

One last shot of the towering cliff face from the valley of Lauterbrunnen. 



Now come more pictures that I really have no idea where they are except somewhere on a little highway between Lauterbrunnen and where we were staying in Lucerne. Love that turquoise water. It too is turned this color by sediments in the glacial runoff. When the light hits the water it is refracted by the sediment into this tropical color.


This picture here makes all the long drives, meals from gas stations, bathroom stops along highways, and sleeping in strange beds worth it. I love that I can show these four wonderful kids a small corner of the world. And I love that they love to see it as much as I do. 



Post a Comment

Post a Comment

Tell me what you think...

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...